Monday, April 11, 2011

SCCM client will not uninstall using ccmsetup.exe /uninstall

I had a system where the SCCM client was installed but the client was not functioning correctly. I attempted to uninstall the client using the usual method which is running ccmsetup /uninstall command. Whenever I would run this command it would not uninstall. In the ccmsetup.log file I would get:
==========[ ccmsetup started in process 3040 ]========== ccmsetup 4/11/2011 1:54:23 PM 1796 (0x0704)
Version: 4.0.5931.0000
Command line parameters for ccmsetup have been specified. No registry lookup for command line parameters is required.
Command line: ccmsetup.exe /uninstall
Updated security on object C:\Windows\system32\ccmsetup\.
Sending Fallback Status Point message, STATEID='301'.
State message with TopicType 800 and TopicId {B81805F6-98AA-4C2D-918A-D15E6974FFE3} has been sent to the FSP

That's all.

I tried another method of uninstalling and it appears to have worked. On a 32-bit system ccmsetup is located at %windir%\System32\ccmsetup and on 64-bit systems it is at %windir%\ccmsetup. In these directories should be subfolders. Open the subfolder i386. Inside should be a client.msi. From that directory run msiexec.exe /x client.msi. This should uninstall the client.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks!

New beginner's guide to PowerShell on my GitHub page

 I created a beginner's guide to PowerShell here: https://github.com/aamjohns/Powershell_Guide/blob/main/README.md I hope it helps someo...