Thursday, July 17, 2008

Error 0x800705AA: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

I am getting this error when trying to copy a file from CDROM to my C: drive on a Vista Ultimate machine. I did some checking and see where others have encountered this error. Some suggested using xcopy and that eventually errored out also.

Although the verbage is not identical, this Microsoft KB doc appears to be addressing the issue. I obtained a copy of the hotfix. Also, this fix is supposed to be included in Vista SP1.

Here is a copy of the hotfix for Vista 32-bit.

After installing the hotfix and rebooting I was able to successfully copy the file.

No comments:

New beginner's guide to PowerShell on my GitHub page

 I created a beginner's guide to PowerShell here: https://github.com/aamjohns/Powershell_Guide/blob/main/README.md I hope it helps someo...