Friday, August 15, 2008

Vista Media Center TV Pack

Have you read about this yet? It is REALLY disappointing in my opinion. There are places to read about it online (here for example) so I won't rehash that. But I will mention what I see as a major letdown.
  1. no H.264 support or DirecTV support
  2. No more commercial skipping using plug-ins like DVRMSToolbox (it is suggested MS broke this on purpose)
  3. New WTV file format - no more DVRMS files
  4. Update restricted to OEMs and only availabe on new computer purchases

This just sucks. The future just keeps getting worse.

Thanks Microsoft. I'll keep looking for a better solution to HTPC in my home.

No comments:

New beginner's guide to PowerShell on my GitHub page

 I created a beginner's guide to PowerShell here: https://github.com/aamjohns/Powershell_Guide/blob/main/README.md I hope it helps someo...